Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sweet Balsamic Brussels


I bow down to these Brussels sprouts! They have everything I love in a recipe: ample veggies, ease of preparation, and uncommonly good flavor. I plucked these beautiful Brussels out of the bargain bin at my local grocer, not yet knowing they were destined for marinated, caramelized greatness.

I sliced a pink lady apple and made a pot of lightly curried brown rice and lentils to have on the side of these sprouts. Only seven ingredients to this perfect meal!

I modified the recipe from the original found here. Enjoy!

4-Ingredient Sweet Balsamic Brussels
Prep Time: 5 minutes. Cook Time: 20 minutes. Serves 2.

~15 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbls. balsamic vinegar.
5-10 whole peeled garlic cloves.

Free Spice Blend
dash of paprika (optional)
black pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and marinate at room temperature at least 15 minutes.

Spread cloves and sprouts cut side down onto a lightly oiled baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until marinade has caramelized and sprouts are fork tender.

2 comments:

  1. The next time I get sprouts, I am so going to make this recipe. The twang of the balsamic just sings to my tongue. I can only imagine the flavours. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! I immediately went out and bought a second batch of Brussels to make it again. Yum yum yum.

    ReplyDelete